When you choose a moving company, you need to take your personal situation into account. If you’re moving across the country, you might prefer to hire a national company. If you’re moving across town or across the state, a moving company in Denver may suit your needs better. After you’ve chosen the size company, there are other factors to consider.
1. Ask for at least three quotes from different companies. A representative should be willing to come out to your home and do a detailed walk-through with you to provide you with an estimate.
2. If your destination isn’t near one of the company’s usual routes, some moving companies may charge you a higher fuel surcharge in order to make a bigger profit. This is because moving companies make money when they carry loads both ways. For example, they make money on your move bringing you down south, and then stop off to pick up another load on the way back up north. Denver local movers will be able to move you anywhere within Colorado at reasonable rates.
3. It’s worth it to check the reputation and business record of any moving company you’re considering. Go online to research customer comments or reviews. In addition, you should feel comfortable with your customer service representative. In the event of any problems down the road, you’ll want to make sure they are easy to reach and communicate with.
4. Find out ahead of time how the company handles antiques, one-of-a-kind objects, expensive music equipment or pianos. Don’t assume that just because they are packing all your other belongings that they will know how to pack and load your grandmother’s delicate cello. If items get damaged you might receive a check, but many items are irreplaceable.
5. Reputable moving companies will be able to provide you with an insurance certificate that comes directly from their insurance company and lists you as a covered party. A generic proof of insurance card is not good enough, although many companies try to get by with this. Review the list of covered items carefully.
If you choose wisely, your moving company will help ensure a smooth transition to your new home.